4.27.2014

Blue Eyed Girl Lacquer - Carina

I recently was lucky enough to win an opportunity to create a custom polish with Julie of Blue Eyed Girl Lacquer. I was excited and slightly nervous about the opportunity. I am not super creative and usually stick to pretty standard color combinations, black and white, pink and green, etc. As you know I have been loving creams and shimmers lately so that's what I told Julie. I knew some things, like that I wanted something coral or pink and that it should include some shimmers, she gave me some ideas, listed my shimmer color options, and after a couple back and forths of shooting ideas around, we came up with Carina.






I am wearing two coats of Carina with topcoat in these pictures. This polish has such incredible shimmers in it and I was not able to do them justice. In the last picture I think you can see them the best. The pink base was just what I was looking for and the shimmers are purple and blue, they are so vibrant and pretty in the sun!

Are you wondering about the name Carina? Well, sticking to my non-creative juices I wasn't sure what I wanted the polish to be called, so Julie got me thinking, what are some things that I like outside of nail polish? Astronomy was one of the first things that came to mind, (any astronomy buffs see where I am going with this?) so, Carina is named after the Carina Nebula, which is sometimes described as the pink nebula as it radiates a pinkish glow.


Source: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap131015.html
So what do you think? Do you love Carina as much as I do? Make sure you check out Blue Eyed Girl Lacquer on Facebook, as Julie is always hosting giveaway's and maybe next time, you will be the winner of custom polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment