9.30.2013

Abstract Floral

Yesterday when I was reading through all the blogs that I follow, I saw this post on Little Nails and fell in love. She was participating in Day 30 of the 31DC and was inspired by a tutorial. So of course I took a look at the tutorial that she was inspired by, and it was that of MrCandiipants on YouTube.

Anyway, I knew I had to try this look for myself and loved the color pallet that Little Nails used so I went with something similar. I don't normally look at YouTube for tutorials, but I may just have to start, however, once I watched this tutorial, I of course had to watch more and more and ended up showering like an hour and a half later than I had planned on. hahah.

Here's my mani:





Polished Used (I used a lot lol):
-OPI - Nail Envy
-OPI - My Vampire is Buff
-OPI - I Think in Pink
-OPI - Kiss Me on my Tulips
-Wet 'n Wild - Through the Grapevine
-Zoya - Pippa
-LA Colors - Gold Glitter
-Sinful Colors - Last Chance
-Sally Hansen - Parrot
-Out The Door

You should definitely take a chance to look at the tutorial for this but basically I just used my striper brush and added dots of all colors to represent flowers. I really love how these turned out; and since they are abstract, there is really no right or wrong. I actually did my right hand as well (which I don't always do with nail art) and it doesn't look too bad; yay for abstract art when you're not ambidextrous.

Do you watch YouTube tutorials? Have you done mani's inspired by MrCandiipants?

No comments:

Post a Comment