9.12.2012

Mani's for Friends

As some of you may know, over the weekend we had a bunch of people over to celebrate the end of the season for my husband's softball team. As the day wore on, we decided to do a couple mani's. Two of my good girlfriends, Carly and Becky got mani's. I have done both of their nails before, if you don't remember that post, you can check it out here

Carly's Mani:



Polishes Used:
-OPI - Nail Envy
-Essie - Coat Azure
-Konad - White
-Plate: Konad - M71
-OTD

I had my stamping plates out because I was going to do a stamping mani that day for AIS and she said she would be interested in getting stamping so I let her pick the colors, stamps, positioning, etc. Isn't it cute?

Becky's Mani:



Polishes Used:
-OPI - Nail Envy
-Ulta - High Roller
-Kiss - Striper - Black
-Kiss - Striper - White
-Zoya - Pippa
-OTD

Becky had remembered this mani that I had done back when the Pens were in the Stanley Cup Playoffs so we re-created it on her with accent nails. I always love penguins and plan to try out a couple different "style" penguins in the winter season. 

The entire time I was doing the mani's for Carly and Becky, Carly's husband, Frank was sitting there watching baseball but also commenting and seemingly very interested in manis. LOL. So anyway, long story short, Frank ended up getting a Pittsburgh Pirates "Zoltan" accent pinky nail. Of all of my guy friends to do this, Frank would have been the last one I ever expected to agree to it, I'm pretty sure the lure of making it to the BLOG was all he needed to agree ;-)

Frank's Accent Nail:



Polishes Used:
-OPI - Nail Envy
-Zoya - Pippa
-Kiss - Striper Black
-OTD

He did let me know that he is aware he has bad cuticles and bites his nails, but I have to say I'm happy he did it, and it was a big hit during the rest of the party. :-)


4 comments:

  1. The little penguin is so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, i really adore your blog, i'm also a nailart-blogger :)
    i just nominated and sent you this, a versatile-blogger-awards <3
    you can check it here:
    http://mygnails.blogspot.com/2012/09/versatile-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet and fun mani's - and Frank's accent nail is bold and fun!

    ReplyDelete