2.04.2012

Valentine's Countdown - 9 days to go!!!

This morning as I was running errands and ended up at Wal-Mart (believe it or not, the closest Wal-Mart is approximately 15-20 mins away --- and not because I live in the middle of nowehere, but because there is a Target literally 2 minutes away that I frequent 2-3x per week; ahhh!) Anyway, Wal-Mart has a slightly different selection of polishes than Target and today I picked up a nice pink color for Valentine's Day. Below is a swatch of it but will probably end up trying a design or stamp on top in a day or two once the color is old.


Today I ended up taking the pictures with our nice camera instead of my iphone and for the most part I like how they turned out. Still trying to find where in the house gives the best lighting / blackgroud / etc. so any suggestions are appreciated.

The polishes that I used for this mani were NYC's  Fushia Shock (2 coats - 1 coat vs. 2 was pretty much the same color as this is a creme polish but I always feel better using 2), also, switched things up today and used Essie's No Chips Ahead top coat. I have use this TC before and it really does seem to keep your mani from chipping for a couple of days, the only draw back is that it's not a quick drying TC so I had to sit around for a while to make sure it was dry. (No biggie though because I was able to catch up on some Tabatha Salon Takeover re-runs)

With Valentine's only 10 days away, hope to having some new V-day mani's soon. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment